Our Community Is Moving!

Patch notes, news and other announcements
Vontre
Site Admin

Our Community Is Moving!

Postby Vontre » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Cards and Castles is a cross platform game, and a competitive game, and thus benefits greatly from having an active online community engaged with the game. Because our users are spread too thin across multiple communities, we have decided to consolidate all our game forums into our new community Reddit page!

So what will happen to these forums? Sometime after the Monster Island release they will be locked and archived. We're posting now to let our users know in case they would like to copy some of their posts to the new subreddit. The archived forum will remain online for some time, but we cannot guarantee it will remain online forever.

Check out our new page here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CardsandCastlesCCG/
YeeKuan

Re: Our Community Is Moving!

Postby YeeKuan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:11 am

Seems a lot messier than the current forums...
When my awesome win streak finally ends...
Madkool

Postby Madkool » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:47 am

Reddit is a poor way to have discussion on a card game, imo. It doesn't seem terribly active, either. Most of your vocal base is the forums, and it's a bit of a gamble to ask everyone here to move. Simply getting rid of the top chat box nixed activity by a huge margin as well.
Insomneac826

Postby Insomneac826 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:13 am

Agreed,

The Reddit page is messy and disorganized. It is not a proper vehicle for a forum like this.

I know you like discord better than the chat box you had here. We all hang out there now. But if you kept this forum and added the chat box again, this forum would see a lot more activity.

Keep the Reddit for news and such if you like, but this is far better for a community.
josher

Postby josher » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:09 am

I also don't really see the reason why we all should move to reddit. What has that to do with the fact that the people here are from around the world, this forum here already is on the internet. Don't get it.
Insomneac826

Postby Insomneac826 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:29 am

On top of this, there are countries that censor their internet access, so that leaves a chunk of users that can't access the forum because Reddit may contain content they don't allow, thus resulting in them blocking the whole site.
Vontre
Site Admin

Postby Vontre » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Well, you may have noticed that this forum gets very few new members, if any. This isn't because we don't get new players... we get tons of new players. But forums are not the best solution for small game communities anymore, they are kind of an old school thing. We were never actually able to finish the forums to begin with because skinning an entire PHPBB application is such an enormous task.

With a subreddit you do not need to login into and remember to visit a special site just to read/participate in this community, it will be integrated into the overall reddit experience. It's easier to find, and we don't need to worry about forum maintenance or any of that garbage. And it already looks very nice! The new community should be more popular and better reflect the liveliness of the game.
Insomneac826

Postby Insomneac826 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:36 pm

You may think it looks nice aesthetically, but it's terribly cumbersome and difficult to use. It's messy, and also is not practical to use when you can't even go back to the main menu to read the other forums once your looking at one. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If it ain't broke... don't fix it. People aren't posting much because of the lull that always happens when you announce an expansion and when it gets released. Also, when people get over what happened a couple months ago, they will post again.
Vontre
Site Admin

Postby Vontre » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Insomneac826 wrote:It's messy, and also is not practical to use when you can't even go back to the main menu to read the other forums once your looking at one.

Huh? There are no "forums", there's just one subreddit and a list of threads. You can go back to the main thread list at any time by clicking the Cards and Castles title logo at the top.

Reddit works fine guys, there is nothing wrong with its functionality. It's extremely popular and not hard to use.
layfonxx

Postby layfonxx » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:19 pm

well, its fine for me.
i only look at new posts anyway so it doesnt have any significant difference.
"Just because you're correct doesn't mean you are right."

Return to “News”