Page 24 of 26
Major Economy Improvement!
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:23 pm
We've just rolled out a major improvement to our card pack economy and drop rates! Our goal with this revamp was to make card packs extremely valuable compared to other CCG games and make sure users have a lot of fun opening packs. We've highlighted some of the changes below!
- Foil cards can now be disenchanted for 2x the normal value.
- Legendary drop rate increased by 2.777x (to 5% per card)
- Epic drop rate increased by 4.21x
- Rare drop rate (natural) increased by 4.43x
- Silver pricing and pack pricing has been revamped to a more straightforward conversion between USD and in-game currency. Now $5 = 500 silver, and the standard price of a card pack is 200 silver.
To encourage new players to play more aggressively, the basic card BERSERKER has been changed:
- BERSERKER (revamp): 3/4 gains +2/+1 after attacking the enemy castle.
Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:16 pm
Hey everyone, we've just rolled out some significant changes to the matchmaker and ranking point systems. These changes should result in players finding matches much more quickly and against opponents closer in skill level. However, players should be aware that the new data algorithms may sometimes match you with players with very different star ranks. With the new system, star ranks below the 2000 point mark use an algorithm that is a hybrid of persistent progress and true skill ranking measurement. This means that we expect all players to progress toward the 2000 point mark over time with more skilled players progressing more quickly. However, the matchmaker now only assigns matches and rewards points based on your internal true skill. We plan to calibrate this system further as more data enters the system.
If you have any feedback on your experience, please feel free to post on our Reddit or Discord communities with specific numbers and/or screenshots to forward to the devs. Thank you and have fun!!
June Season Patch Notes!
Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:05 pm
Hey everyone, we're deploying a new balance patch with the new season update and also working on this month's season reset. Balance changes are live and have been posted below, please take a look!
SUDDEN DEATH: Damage tick from sudden death has been reduced from 2 to 1.
- WIZARD: Range increased to 3, proc reduced to 1, stats changed to 2/1.
- KARASUMEI: Attack increased to 2.
- TROLL GUNNER: Stats changed to 2/1.
- MAGE APPRENTICE: Stats changed to 2/1.
- ARCHER: Changed to 1/2 with 2 movement and 3 range.
- DOJO OF AWAKENING: HP reduced to 2.
- MERCHANT'S FAVOR: Gold gain reduced to 1.
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 am
Hey everyone, we've made some tweaks to the card pack offerings based on results from the previous update. Please check here for an explanation of changes: https://www.reddit.com/r/CardsandCastle ... y_updates/
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:18 pm
Hey everyone, due to community feedback we've just deployed a balance patch with the following changes. Enjoy!
- SUNFLOWER: Changed to 2g 1/5 2 move, LAST WILL: Explode for 4 damage.
- SALAHAR VOYAGER: Cost reduction increased to 7.
- DRAGON LORE: Now gives your opponent 2 cards instead of 1.
- THE MONSTER TAMER: Cost reduced to 7.
- ASSASSIN: Stats reduced to 2/3.
- SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH: Now draws 3 cards, and permanently reduces the cost of any dragons drawn by 3.
- NALAKIR AJEERA: Monsters granted to each player reduced to 1.
Previous EVENT CARDS have been moved to the Archanon War set and are now craftable at the same rate as normal cards!
Upcoming Tuning and Pricing Patch
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:31 am
We'll be posting a tuning and pricing patch in a few days. More details to come at patch time! The tuning pass will focus on the new player experience and propping up underutilized cards and features.
Patch is Now Live!
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 am
Check out our dev post for a complete list of changes and explanations! https://www.reddit.com/r/CardsandCastle ... tch_notes/
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:58 pm
Hey everyone, we've just rolled a lot of nice improvements to the shop and card pack drop tables. You can read all about it here! https://www.reddit.com/r/CardsandCastle ... rovements/
Dwarves and Dinos Details!
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:06 pm
We've posted details about the upcoming expansion launch on our reddit page, check the link!https://www.reddit.com/r/CardsandCastle ... s_details/
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:42 am
Hey everyone, Dwarves and Dinosaurs has just launched and we couldn't be more excited! The team has been having a lot of fun playing and watching a lot of matches in the new meta. The response so far from the community has been great and we couldn't be happier. That being said, in reviewing matches from today we realized there were a few obvious misses in early game balance that we feel would be best to address immediately. The following cards have been hotfixed, and can be refunded for full shards if desired:
UNSTABLE CONSTRUCT: Stats reduced to 3/5. This card has very quickly become a staple early game slot due to its high damage, giving warlocks an outsized influence on the meta.
PRIMORDIAL FLAME: HP reduced to 3. This card has been sitting over budget for a long time due to its epic status, however we stopped giving additional stat points to epic and legendary cards a long time ago. This card has risen to high prominence very quickly and needs to be significantly toned down.
WOODWAR: Awaken ability movement reduced to +2. This card was balanced around being able to reach the castle on its 4th turn, but the new spawn slots have allowed it to strike on its 3rd. We've corrected this oversight.
This is by no means a comprehensive list of potential balance issues we are keeping an eye on, these are just the cards we felt comfortable enough deploying an immediate hotfix. We'll be continuing to monitor the game and will make additional patches in the future if the team deems it necessary. Happy playing!